Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and wildfires can strike without warning. If there is a natural disaster, you’ll want to be prepared. Use this handy checklist to make sure you’re ready.
- First-aid supplies (e.g., bandages, antiseptic)
- Prescription medication
- Canned goods, can opener
- Several gallons of water
- Battery-powered radio and extra batteries
- Extra cell phone batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Matches in a waterproof container, candles
- Toiletries and personal hygiene items
- Special items for infants (e.g., formula, diapers)
- Bottled Water
- Protective clothing
- Extra bedding, sleeping bags
- Entertainment (e.g., games, deck of cards, books)
- Small amount of cash
- Rolls of plastic sheeting
- Sleeping bag
Keep the following items in a safe place off-site or in a waterproof/fireproof container:
- Copies of important documents (e.g., wills, birth and marriage certificates, insurance policies)
- Bank account and credit card information
- Home inventory checklist
Have questions? Need help? Call the CAPTRUST Advice Desk at 800.967.9948, or schedule an appointment with a retirement counselor today.
Source: Broadridge Investor Communication Solutions, Inc.