Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and wildfires can strike without warning. If there is a natural disaster, you’ll want to be prepared. Use this handy checklist to make sure you’re ready.
- First-aid supplies (e.g., bandages, antiseptic)
- Prescription medication
- Canned goods, can opener
- Several gallons of water
- Battery-powered radio and extra batteries
- Extra cell phone batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Matches in a waterproof container, candles
- Toiletries and personal hygiene items
- Special items for infants (e.g., formula, diapers)
- Bottled Water
- Protective clothing
- Extra bedding, sleeping bags
- Entertainment (e.g., games, deck of cards, books)
- Small amount of cash
- Rolls of plastic sheeting
- Sleeping bag
Keep the following items in a safe place off-site or in a waterproof/fireproof container:
- Copies of important documents (e.g., wills, birth and marriage certificates, insurance policies)
- Bank account and credit card information
- Home inventory checklist
Source: Broadridge Investor Communication Solutions, Inc.
This document is intended to be informational only. CAPTRUST does not render legal, accounting, or tax advice. Please consult the appropriate legal, accounting, or tax advisor if you require such advice. The opinions expressed in this report are subject to change without notice. This material has been prepared or is distributed solely for informational purposes and is not a solicitation or an offer to buy any security or instrument or to participate in any trading strategy. The information and statistics in this report are from sources believed to be reliable but are not warranted by CAPTRUST Financial Advisors to be accurate or complete. All publication rights reserved. None of the material in this publication may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of CAPTRUST: 919.870.6822.